March seemed so far away when talk about Bay to LA roadtrip was in the works but then it finally hit me when March 1st came. Delayed reaction much? Oh my, I suddenly became anxious. It dawned on me that I will be meeting a bunch of people I’ve never met before. Yes, I do tweet with them but as far as chemistry goes it’s quite different when you’re interacting with a person face to face. So with an open heart and a clear mind free of judgement, I welcomed THE BAY2LA WEEKEND.
I connected voices to faces to tweets. I now read tweets with that person’s voice & inflections in my head. The camaraderie was easy, relaxed and familial. Banter bouncing back and forth much like what occurs in twitterverse. It feels like a grand reunion of the cousins and I’m glad I’m part of it. Conversations were free-flowing devoid of judgements and biases. It was such an effortless gathering of strangers. It just proves to me that FOOD knows no bounds. It can bring strangers and opposites together. I’ve finally found my little nest where I can talk comfortably about food and not be frowned upon or judged upon.
That weekend came and went by too fast. I still want to know why they call it longganisa summit (ugly visual there). I’m still curious what Fred’s tattoo looks like. But alas, lives have to return to normal and just like that Bay2LA is over.
I am thankful for having met such wonderfully pleasant people. And I am thankful that I have friends to call when I’m back in San Francisco.
Thank you for making the time to visit us here in LA. It was nice having spent time with you all and I hope we do it again because it’s just so much fun 🙂
Love you guys!
- Emilie (@nuts4pilinuts) http://foodtruckadventure.com
- Caroline (@carolineadobo) http://whenadobometfeijoada.blogspot.com/
- Reese (@nerissas)
- Abby (@pleasurepalate) http://pleasurepalate.blogspot.com/
- Remil (@limer35)
- Malou (@malou_nievera) http://www.skiptomalou.net/
- Fred (@mrfredbriones) http://ilovesisig.blogspot.com/
- Tina, Fred’s wife (@CeeEsBee)
- Albert (@Filipeanut) http://www.filipeanut.com/http://shirtsilog.com/index.html
- Arnold (@inuyaki) http://www.inuyaki.com/
- Jo (@joanneisafoodie) http://jobostonisafoodie.blogspot.com/
- Keaton (@phatpanda650)
- Steve (@asianclarkkent) http://asianclarkkent.blogspot.com/
I hope I didn’t miss anybody on the list and if I did please let me know, Thanks!