A couple of weeks ago Walgreens had a sale on Revlon products. And of course, I indulged in eyeshadows, lip butters and lipgloss. Today I have Peony. It is a shimmery pink that is sheerer than I expected.
What the Revlon website says…
Revlon ColorBurst Lip gloss for lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather.
A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine. Outshines everything but you!
• Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather
• Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of colour
• ColorBurst’s Elasticolor™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel
• Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture
And on the lips…
I’ve read in beauty blogs and other social networking sites that it is a dupe for NARS’ Orgasm Lipgloss. Let’s see if it is so…
What Sephora said…
What it is:
A pigment-dense lip gloss.
What it does:
The portable tube and sponge wand make applying these beautiful glosses, in an array of shades, a snap.
And for the side-by-side swatches
Here’s what Orgasm looks like on my lips.
Based on the comparisons I made, they are definitely deeps when it comes to color.
NARS Orgasm –
- is stickier (I mean, really sticky)
- un-buildable (color stayed same even if you pile on the product)
- no scent
- $24 at fine stores where NARS is sold
- love the “dual-sided” flexible applicator
- buildable without going sticky
- absolutely disgusting odor (I dare not call it a scent. Scent entails pleasant smell and this is clearly not)
- $5.99 on Drugstore.com