I am on a Rimmel lipstick kick ever since discovering and falling in love with Lasting Finish Matte Collection by Kate Moss (blogged about it HERE). I want to get the other shades but for now let me share with you shades 01 and 06.
According to the Rimmel London website,
Amazing alluring shades developed by Kate for RIMMEL. Exclusive signature pack, smooth on pure London class with the Iconic Lasting Finish Kate lipstick. A true chic treat. Unique, sexy and unconventional, just like Kate.
Black Diamond brings incredible new levels of light reflective elements. Creating gorgeous, hypnotizing tones that make you look, then look again. Wow.
Get ready to fall in love with your new signature colour that capture all the flair, edge and timelessness of Kate’s unique look.
Like it because
- like their matte counterparts, these lippies are highly pigmented full coverage in one pass
- I didn’t experience any bleeding
- finish has a great sheen without looking “wet”
- lasts through sips of iced tea and water (through a straw) before I had to wipe it off for a meal after 5 hours
- the matte black packaging with Kate’s red signature is understated chic
I didn’t like
- the slight “chemical” smell but it’s tolerable as it’s not strong and it goes away in a few seconds
- there are more shades in this collection
Price and Availability
- It is part of the permanent collection and can be found online, in drugstores including Wal-Mart and at ULTA. Retails as low as $4.00. I got mine at Walgreens for $5.79.
I really love this formula and it’s a good alternative to more expensive alternatives in the market. I recommend you check it out especially if you’re looking for bright reds and/or pinks that are affordable.
Let’s check out the swatches…