It has been hot and humid here in LA lately. And oftentimes I hate putting on makeup just because it just melts off my face as soon as the sun hits me. But with these products I can look put together despite the heat and humidity.
Here’s what I’ve been using lately…
- Face primer: Black Radiance True Complexion Shine Control Primer – I find that this is the best primer to use with my new holy grail powder foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Powder Makeup. They are available in drugstores where Black Radiance is sold, around $5.99.
- Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Powder Makeup – I recently reviewed it HERE. And it is the best I have ever tried. Powder is fine and coverage is superb. I don’t judge powder foundations on their longevity only because when I sweat I tend to touch my face a lot with tissue and powder transfers to the tissue. $38 at Macy’s, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Sephora
- Eyeshadow: Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, reviewed HERE, $26 at Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Sephora, Nordstroms; Trish McEvoy 24-hour Eyeshadow and Liner , reviewed HERE, $32 at Bloomingdales, Nordstroms
- Eyeliner: even if it’s not hot and humid, eyeliner is important to me as I have oily lids. I love Asian brands like K-Palette 24-hour Eyeliner and the one pictured here called Eyescream. Both you can find online at sass.com or imomoko.com.
- Lip product: summer rotation includes lovely lipsticks from Givenchy, Marc Jacobs and Lipstick Queen, and glosses from fresh.
I know it’s not much, but the hotter the weather, the less makeup I want to put on my face. Just thought I’d share what worked for me. Have a good one!